1870's weighbridge

Built by the Shire of Ripon in 1874 to house the weighbridge scale (the two lamps being added in 1885) and sited where the band rotunda now stands.

Moved in 1903 it  became a storage shed for Wotherspoon Bros, and in the 1950’s a shelter for visitors to the Beaufort Cemetery.

Later it was relocated to Main Lead as a tool shed where it remained until 2005, when it was donated back to the people of Beaufort by Cellante Family.

Finally restored it was returned  to this site in November 2008.

Havelock Street 22
Beaufort 3373 VIC AU
Get directions